Thursday, February 04, 2010

Passata pics as promised.
Three days worth of tomatoes really piles up. More passata this morning.
Here we go!

Chop garlic and onion. I chopped 5 cloves and one large onion. You can really do this to taste.

Add these to large pot and cook gently in butter for about 5-10 mins


Then wash and cut in half about a gazillion tomatoes and add these to the pot. Simmer on a low heat for an hour or so till all cooked down.
 
  
 I'll be back once it's cooked down to post mouli-ing pics - bet you can't wait!

  
All boiled down and getting moulied. I made a mistake though - I simmered the tomatoes with the lid on, so when I was putting them through the mouli it was much thinner than when lloyd did it. So after they were all sieved through I put them back onto the cooker top to boil down a bit to make it thicker! Sort of cheating really. 
  
the small pot is for tonights pizza topping, so it got reduced down a lot more, the rest will go into freezer bags. I'm thinking we may make it to winter this year!

Ok I am now tomato-ed out - no more I promise.


7 comments:

  1. Looking good..... can just hear it sizzling away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, I can SMELL it from here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm, I'm sure I can smell it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh this is very interesting Laura I do mine differently to you :D I will be checking back to see how you complete the process. Lisa.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there,

    I popped over from the Rhonda's site after seeing your "Kitchen sink" post. You have a gorgeous kitchen & a lovely blog (have been enjoying a read).

    Will certainly be back :-)

    Cheers,
    Cate

    www.momentsofwhimsy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:52 am

    Looks good!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So easy! Mum used to have a mouli when we were kids. I remember her making applesauce in it - yum. I must keep an eye out for one.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave me comments, it lets me know there are folk out there reading my ramblings! Thank you, I appreciate them loads and loads
Laura x